MIO User Guidelines (English Language)
Make It On DICE
LAST UPDATED 27 May 2021
1. ABOUT THESE GUIDELINES
DICE is committed to giving the world’s artists, performers, promoters and creators a place to publicise their events to fans across the globe. To do so safely, legally and securely, and to ensure that DICE remains the leading event discovery and ticketing service, all of our users must adhere to these Guidelines.
The Guidelines set out the terms between You, as the event creator, and DICE under which you may access our services to create events.
Only persons aged over 18 may create events on our Site. By using such services you warrant to us that you are over the age of 18.
2. DICE STANDARDS
We want you to create events and content that delight fans. We also need to make sure that DICE and the events we showcase are places where fans and creators are safe.
As such, these DICE standards apply to any and all content which you contribute to DICE.
DICE cannot be used to promote illegal or harmful activities. You must not create events on DICE which relate in any way to the following:
- Illegal activities;
- Illegal drugs or other illegal substances or products;
- Explicit sexual activities;
- Any thing, person or event that harms, threatens, harasses, intimidates or involves hatred to anyone based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Gambling, raffles, sweepstakes, or lotteries;
- Selling products or services not related to your event;
- Selling weapons, ammunition or firearms;
- Terrorist activity of any kind.
Whilst you are able to create your events on DICE, we reserve the right to review any events you publish to ensure compliance with these Guidelines and DICE’s mission. DICE has the right, for any reason whatsoever, to refuse to publish an event listing or to remove an event listing, without any liability to you or any third party.
Your content must:
- be owned by you or have been properly obtained by you (including photos, videos, logos and images);
- be accurate and not misleading;
- promote events which comply with these Guidelines; and
- comply with applicable law in any country from which you post the content.
Your content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark or other right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person, including using your content to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- be threatening, abusive or invade anyone’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- give the impression that it is created by DICE, if this is not the case.
3. PROHIBITED USES
You may use DICE only for lawful purposes. You may not use DICE:
- to resell tickets, run lotteries, raffles or sweepstakes, or sell anything other than a ticket to your own event (with the exception of merchandise and/or travel packages related to your event)
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm individuals and, in particular, minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards above;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to break or circumvent our security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks; and/or
- knowingly to transmit any data, and/or to send and/or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Sites;
- any equipment or network on which our Sites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
4. REPORTING CONTENT
We want DICE to be a safe place for everyone. If you see content or events which you believe breach these Guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t promise to respond to every report but we will review all reports received and take appropriate action.
If you believe content on our Sites infringes your intellectual property rights, please contact us at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Your name and contact details;
- Evidence of the infringing content (e.g. link to the content on DICE);
- Proof you (or the person/entity you act for) own the intellectual property in the original work;
- Confirmation that:
- you are making a good faith complaint,
- you are the intellectual property holder or have the express authorisation of the holder,
- the information you submit is accurate.
We will then investigate and take appropriate action in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
5. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, at our reasonable discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Guidelines through your use of DICE. When a breach of these Guidelines has occurred, we may take such proportionate action as we deem appropriate.
- issuing a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Sites;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Sites;
- taking legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- taking legal action against you; and/or
- disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel necessary.
If it seems to us that an event or content poses a risk to the safety of any person or the public, we also reserve the right to work with the relevant authorities, including law enforcement agencies, to take action outside of our Sites.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Guidelines. The responses described in these Guidelines are not an exhaustive list, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
6. CHANGES TO THESE GUIDELINES
We may revise these Guidelines at any time by amending this page. We will use appropriate means, such as relevant announcements on our website or messages to you, to inform you on such amendments. However, we ask you to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as you will be subject to the Guidelines in force at the time that you use our Sites. If you do not agree with the changes, you must stop using the Sites.