- where you are a DICE customer, to provide you with the DICE mobile software application (the “App”) and websites (together with the App, collectively the “Services”);
- where you are a performing artist performing at an event featured in the App (“Artist”), to provide you with services relating to our ticketing services and platform;
- where you are a promoter, organiser, manager, artist, or venue where we are a disclosed ticketing agent selling tickets on your behalf (“Event Partner”), to provide you with services relating to our ticketing services and platform; and
- where you are a job candidate, to consider your employment application.
1. ABOUT US
1.2. We are a disclosed ticketing agent selling tickets via the Services on behalf of the Event Partners.
3. COLLECTED INFORMATION
3.1. All personal information you provide to us when registering with the Services, interacting with us, and any personal information generated by your navigation and use of the Services, will be processed and stored by DICE to manage registration and ticket sales. We also use this information to analyse trends in our users' behaviour to help us to determine your preferences, habits, tastes, geographic location and favourite artists and events in order to maximise your use and enjoyment of the Services; this is the Discovery feature. Additionally, we may take some information from the email communications between you and DICE and store it in separate documents. Where you are an Artist or Event Partner, we may collect your personal information directly from you, your business partners, colleagues and open internet sources. We have further listed the ways in which we use your personal information at Clause 5 below.
3.2. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact details – including your name, email address, phone number, postal address and date of birth;
- Payment card and billing details – when you buy tickets via the Services we will require payment and billing information (such as your address and postcode) in order to handle the processing and despatch of ticket orders;
- Location data – we may collect your IP address, and if you allow us to connect to your device’s geolocation functionality, we may collect your GPS data. We will use the location data to improve personalised recommendations in the Services on what events are near you. You can turn off the App's ability to access your geolocation at any time through your device’s general or privacy settings;
- Your image or recordings – we may obtain photographs, audio or video recordings of events listed on the Services. We may reproduce and/or publish your image in the App, our website, and in other promotional materials, social networking channels and other materials related to the Services;
- Your preferences – we may collect information about your purchase history, events you have viewed, attended or enquired about, any events you have joined a waiting list for, shared or invited people to attend and any feedback you may give or reviews you may submit;
- Music library (e.g. Spotify or Apple Music) – if you allow us to connect to your music library, we may collect and hold information on your musical interests in order to improve the personalised recommendations through the Services;
- Your interactions with us – for example if you send us information via email, survey, social media, customer service communications or other methods, this may be stored on our systems; and
- Technical information – when you use the Services, DICE automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including the location, IP address, cookie information and details about the page you requested. We also collect information regarding your use of the Services, mobile device information and browser information.
4.3. We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. Where a marketing purpose is pursued in this regard, we will ask for your consent first.
4.4. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. As well as the purposes described above at Clause 3.1, we use the personal information we collect to:
- administer the App and the Services or any other purposes required in order to allow us to provide the Services;
- communicate with you via email, SMS, in-App notifications and push notifications about your purchases via the Services, including tickets (and the events they relate to) and any other non-ticket items;
- fulfil your orders for tickets and other non-ticket items purchased via the Services;
- provide better content, services, marketing, and support to you. For example, we may need to use your information to administer your account or provide you with information in connection with any purchases or events you have expressed an interest in;
- perform our contract with Event Partners and/or Artists;
- provide information in relation to the Services;
- promote the events features on the Services;
- improve the Services, including by means of website and App data analytics;
- administer business relationships with Event Partners in order to allow us to provide the Services, including to provide customer service to Event Partners;
- consider your employment application, and communicate with you in relation to such employment application;
- perform HR and recruitment analytics;
- administer and fulfil any competitions available to users via the Services and communicate with you about those competitions. Note that there may be specific terms in the competition terms and conditions relating to your personal information; and
- to profile individual and demographic trends of people attending or showing an interest in certain events or artists. This helps us to provide you with recommendations of similar things you might like or find interesting, via the Discovery feature or otherwise. We do this by making assumptions based on an analysis of the information we hold, including the events you have viewed, waiting lists you have joined, and tickets you have purchased. For example, if you purchased tickets to an event, we might show you more events of this specific genre or type, or events by similar artists.
5.2. We also use the information that we collect about you for operational purposes, including:
- to provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and fulfil any of your requests for information;
- carry out verification checks, including to verify your identity when collecting tickets at a venue, to check that you meet any minimum age requirements, or to check that any restrictions on the reselling of tickets have been complied with;
- to send you important information regarding the Services, or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government authorities.
6.1. We may send you marketing communications via email and push notifications. You are given the opportunity to opt in to marketing communications and push notifications on registration. If you change your mind and do not want to receive any marketing emails from us, you can edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’) or unsubscribe from emails by following the unsubscribe directions provided in the footer of each one. If you do not want to receive push notifications from us you may opt out by changing your preferences in the ‘Messages’ control centre in the App or change the appropriate settings directly on your mobile device. Please note that to access the communication controls centre (‘Messages’) you must have the App version 3.17.0 or above.
6.3.On registration, we will also ask you to provide your consent to receive marketing messages from our Event Partners and other third parties involved in the provision of an event you have purchased ticket(s) to. If you opt in to such marketing messages, we will pass your details to the relevant Event Partner or third party so that they can contact you for this purpose. If you change your mind and do not want to receive such marketing messages, you can opt out by contacting that third party direct or by unsubscribing using any available ‘unsubscribe’ link or similar in that third party’s emails to you. Alternatively, to opt out of marketing messages for all third parties, you could edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’). We will notify the relevant third parties of your change in preferences, normally within 7 business days. Note that it may take longer for each third party to action your request.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Agents and suppliers – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including our storage providers, HR and recruitment service providers, communications providers, CRM providers, marketing providers, payment processing suppliers and data analytics services providers. We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service.
- We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third-party recipients:
|Hosting||We may share your personal data with cloud storage providers.|
|Analytic tools||We may share your personal data with analytics and search engine service providers.|
|Administration and support tools||We may share your personal data with support software providers.|
|Emailing||We may share your personal data with emailing service providers.|
|CRM||We may share your personal data with CRM providers.|
|Payment processing||We may share your personal data with online payment processing providers.|
|Messaging and collaboration tools||We may share your personal data with messaging and collaboration software providers.|
- Third Parties – We may integrate with other third party products and services such as Spotify to enable certain features of the Services. We do not share your personal information with them except as is necessary in order to allow them to perform the features requiring their integration.
- Competition partners – When offering competitions or other prize draw, via the Services, we may process your personal information in order to manage your entry and contact you if you are a winner.
- We may share your name and country of residence with anyone who asks for winner’s details; and
- We may use your name and image in publicity materials as we see fit.
- We may share your personal information with our competition partner for the purpose of administering the competition (for example, arranging for the prize to be provided to the winner).
- Event Partners – We are a ticketing agent, so we sell you tickets to events on behalf of the Event Partner for that event. We therefore need to share your personal details with them and other parties involved in the provision of the event (such as the venue) so they can provide you with information about the event such as last-minute changes, or for the purposes of ticket validation upon entry to a venue. We may also need to share your information with them in terms of sales control. Event partners can access customer information such as name, email address and a phone number. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of such third parties, and if you wish to complain about the use of your personal information by such third party then you should contact the relevant third party directly.
- Other reasons – We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business and in some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, either because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it, to enforce our legal rights, or to prevent fraud or ticket-touting for example.
7.2. We may also provide our partners with anonymous information about how users, collectively, use the App and website so that they can understand how often people use their services, the App and the website.
7.3. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
8.1. If you give us information (including personal information) on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has given you permission to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- provide their personal information to us;
- give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal information;
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of the individual’s personal information abroad.
8.2. Such consent should be proved by providing DICE with the written authorisation from the individual or the document which demonstrates power to represent him or her. In case these documents are not available, additional alternatives can be settled.
9. DATA RETENTION
9.2. We may delete accounts or specific information before account deactivation where we believe it may no longer be relevant or where an account has been inactive for more than a year. Purchase history may be deleted after 8 years.
For more details about our retention periods, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.2. Anonymity - Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
10.3. Restrict - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
10.3. Access - You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
10.3. Correction - If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
Should you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to take your complaint further, you may do so by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.